12.31.2007

THREE YEARS AGO

This picture was taken of Karen on New Years Eve, 2004. I was divorced, going to college, struggling to make ends meet, and I was continuing a lifelong pattern of eating all sorts of sugar and junk food to try to make myself feel better. God provided me a way out when I started Food Addicts 5 days later. It is good for me to remember where I was and why I go to the lengths to stay in my program and keep healthy. I did not know by giving up the food and surrendering my addiction to God that He would bring so much good into my life. I am so grateful!

Here is a fun fact: At my lowest weight, I lost a total of 181 pounds. (I'm still slowly losing post-pregnancy). If you add up Dean and Micah's weight today, it is exactly 181 pounds! How cool is that! I lost 181 pounds, but gained two amazing and incredible people in my life...not to mention all the friends I've met along the way! GOD IS GOOD!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW....You have alot to be thankful for! You don't even look like the same person. Micah is fortunate to have a Mommy like you. Julie

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! This is a perfect example of God's amazing grace and power to transform your life! Good for you!!

Anonymous said...

Karen, GOD IS GOOD!!! That fun fact is awesome! You have so much joy! Hang on to it no matter what your circumstance. Dawn